THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, August 8, 2011

Kota Bear

My first born child is growing and learning everyday. I love watching him experience things and learn things for himself.  We have started to say the alphabet and to hear him try to say the letters is just an experience every parent can understand. All a parent can ask for is that their child does their very best in each and everything that they do.. talking included. With how the complicated language english really is, I know my child will be an exceptional talker in his own way. He is my flesh and blood, after all. His latest is making a clicking sound at the end of words he uses. I chuckle each time he does it because it is just so cute to hear him try to pronounce the word correctly. I really love how he has made his learning fun.

He loves to play with all his toys. And that does include dumping his whole toybox out on the floor just to walk away from them distracted by a toy that was out the whole time. His favorite would have to be his cars and trucks or as he calls them "vroom vroom". When we go into town to pick up his daddy from work he loves to look at the big trucks in the yard. His daddy has even taken him up in the boom truck. Of course, me being terrified of heights almost passed out when I saw them both waaaaayy up in the air. Dakota also loves to drive his little 4x4 truck around the yard. He looks so proud to be in control of where he wants to go. I know he will love to drive his little brother around once Kyan gets old enough to ride in it. So, in the meantime he has the joy of trying to drive over his dog, Chief. Lol, now that may sound cute and all but I have to get after Dakota for trying to drive over the dog. If he does this to the dog, I don't want to think about what he will do to his little brother! All the cars and trucks he has to play with inside he will line them up in a row and call them his "choo choo".

Kota loves to be an older brother, but I am noticing more and more the jealousy of being an older sibling. I am trying to let Dakota know that being an older sibling can be fun. They will crawl around the house laughing and giggling and having fun. I really do like to see their smiles when they play together. And I am sure other new parents feel the same way with their children. Dakota and Kyan are well on their way to being the best of friends and I couldn't have asked for a better two boys than these two. Of course, they are also at the stage of hurting each other just to get a rise out of me or their daddy. Dakota has a habit of pushing or sitting on his brother. And Kyan will pull Dakota's hair. Those are also just the beginning of many more tears that will come.

Another big step for Dakota has been his ability to let water run down his face. He would scream at the top of his lungs when water got on his face while he was in the tub. His scream is a piercing one so being in an room that echo's just makes it hurt the ears even more. Within the last week his daddy has let him into the shower where he has had to make the adjustment of water on his face. I can hear him laughing, so I guess the water falling tickles his face. It is quite the big difference than hearing that piercing scream I was used to hearing.
He also has his favorite television shows that he loves to watch. His favorite is SpongeBob Squarepants or as he calls it "Bob bob". There is something about that show that will always make me laugh. Dakota will  make crabby patties and serve them. He is growing a little collection of spongebob toys that he likes to play with including his latest, a Spongebob hat that he likes to wear around. I am happy to say that I will never know the entire Spongebob song, hopefully. Maybe he will grow out of this phase and move onto another cartoon like Spiderman or Batman.

My toddler has grown so much and this is just the beginning of many more experiences for him. I am excited to continue to watch this sweet young boy grow into a strong man. I just hope that he will remember how much his mommy loves him.


No comments:

Post a Comment